Cross the street and visit the land base for Don Pedro Island State Park, where you can launch your kayak to explore Lemon Bay and the beaches on Don Pedro Island.
Just minutes away, miles of soft sandy white sand awaits your pleasure at Stump Pass Beach State park, Englewood Beaches on Manasota Key and Gasparilla Island Beach State Park.
The Boca Grande Causeway is nearby and the Palm Island Ferry is just across the way. Relax and enjoy the beaches or rent a boat from any of the local marinas to experience some of the best Snook and Tarpon fishing Florida has to offer in the Intra-coastal waterway and the waters of Lemon Bay, Gasparilla Sound, Pine Island Sound and Charlotte Harbour. The famous Placida Fishing Pier is just a couple of miles from the resort where you can fish or enjoy the amazing wildlife above and below the water.
For the hikers, the resort has a walking trail on the resort property and there are many more miles of hiking trails in the adjacent Amberjack Nature Preserve.
Fourteen miles down the road, is the new Charlotte Sports Park where the Tampa Bay Rays Spring Training Camp is held.
If you're a keen glofer, there are around 25 private and public golf courses in Sarasota county and about 12 located in Charlotte county.
Other nearby Activities
- Golf - 12 professional Golf courses within 10 minute drive
- Fantastic Backwater & Deep Sea Fishing - Guide Available
- Wildlife Viewing
- Shopping - Port Charlotte & Sarasota
- Walk to Restaurants
- Live Theatre - Sarasota 30 minutes
- Sightseeing along Lemon Bay / Myakka Trail
- Swimming and Beaches
- Boating - several marinas nearby
- Boat Ramp - 3 minutes at Eldred's Boat Ramp
- Windsurfing, Water Skiing, Jet Skis, Kayaks - 10 minutes on Beach Road
- Shelling - Palm Island, Don Pedro Island, Boca Grande Island
- Miniature Golf
- Turtle Watching, Manatee & Dolphin Watching - Quite common to see
- Bird Watching - hundreds of gulf water fowl species
- Fine Dining - Many Excellent affordable restaurants nearby